Re: Ldap with GroupOfUniqueNames + PosixGroups

Alejandro Gándara Álvarez wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> I´m using slapd  2.4.11-1+lenny1,  until now I was being using
> posixgroup as objectclass for my groups, now we need to integrate
> ldap with a new application which requires GroupofUniquesnames as
> objectclass.
>

> My question is, can I have mix groups?. I mean, a group with two
> objectclass as posixgroup and GroupofUniquenames.
>

> I´ve tried but I always get errors because of conflict  with both
> objectclass. And I cant delete posixgroup objectclass because I need
> it to integrate with samba and other services.
>

> Could someone head me to the right way?
Search the web for rfc2307bis.schema.
rfc2307bis is an unoffical schema, but it works as a replacement for the
old nis.schema.

Test an update on a separate LDAP-Server. I think best is, to dump the
hole database, replace the objectclass and reload the database to a new
Test-Server. If it's working fine, do the same on your real
LDAP-Server.

You can not simple replace the schemas, because of the
StructuralObjectclass of your current records.

Good luck.

PS
I am using rfc2307bis for some years and don't have any problems.

--

Harry Jede
Kronprinzenstraße 151

Tel	+49 231 522376