[Date Prev][Date Next]
Transparent proxy, (objectClass=user) not being relayed. Schema issue?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Transparent proxy, (objectClass=user) not being relayed. Schema issue?
- From: Christopher Cprek <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:15:06 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=sV93KC79XTF/MkoKV693eaRtYXtfd6A+C+OOo/wdeIo=; b=KImn1QB8XOleT5Y3DlRdKNlHP5HEUSZSwUBirvR6rTaQKGUTxmr9VynqVKE1vN84ez T1N5SShQgty498IMIJfx+D1IumY8+mhk12QSMf0OJxSyv+c7HznOXMu9/V3TdMdBvmXa o5PS3N8XuJkhqZRo443aX1wCchONkJvHRATt8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=VVdQx2lukS5B5J9KsClitjQAjN4yLTrD5r7yg5Y6QR+tbXOCach/4sh6YKlCKJZcoe jraP76ctucobRmgYbHsugD78qhCYYbYzK9CMeDdZhzmD8bCw15RKUXbn4erwULxO+78C ij7723VscdKus7CB3gWpUQGHFcFtLiOQgkwK4=
I'm attempting to configure a slapd server in a very simple transparent proxy configuration. I'm having a problem where clients for this proxy have a (objectClass=user) filter defined. This filter is being replaced with (!(objectClass=*)) when the searchRequest is relayed to the backend LDAP server.
I believe this is something missing in the schema, though I'm very new to LDAP. I've already included an AD schema in my slapd.conf to resolve some AD specific filters I had trouble with.
I've attempted to uncomment and modify the core.schema's definition of attributetype NAME objectClass, and commented out what I suspected was the conflicting duplicate attributeType NAME supportedApplicationContext.
But I can't get slapd to start. I keep getting a duplicate attribute type error in the config.
hdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20: (January 10, 2006)
/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 66: Duplicate attributeType: "188.8.131.52"
slapd-ldap destroy: freeing system resources.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.
I would appreciate any guidance to help resolve my problem. All I want is the filter (objectClass=user) to be relayed correctly from the slapd service to the LDAP proxy backend.
Thanks in advance!