[Date Prev][Date Next]
Best and most efficient way to upgrade openLDAP
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Best and most efficient way to upgrade openLDAP
- From: Ghyslain Tissot <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:13:46 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=cf4vPT+aWwKwel+k4XNhfb6+W63gthFtpbEpjTy8iHA=; b=mGiS6n7B/QNpc3VDmnAoQsemnRyHli9mQoct0apcbwipieRuKnK8uven7xmN66SmhI cSOHrdq/3AM43uG3f6u8Au/4f9z8xrqIEKFQs6DyTzZBF4+nR0+ssBVc1as6WmGqT4hN uPeJsaHC1ljo1U+GoWbFHFnsPcXzjRp1lIbb8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=A9/z0uFIOmwQ0Kf/L2B0j3I59Pg6EmFC97EWVqmgciEWfsw8ScBfyB3zkCLKEEDQCc ufAMIYPCpxh95GMZKKhJKtmJvQ2+0Qg3qTrndQR4F+6oRZLaF4oYGR0di+R7jc3westz WGreTcoyB3elrie9x14G6VbzxVGKBSNfBmTs0=
We are looking for input on how to
upgrade openLDAP from 2.2 to 2.3. We have looked and it seems the only
documented way to upgrade is by unloading and reloading the data which
is very time consuming (approx. 8-10 hours). Since this is a production
system it is not adequate. What options are available?
To give more more background:
- there are currently approximately 7M entries in the LDAP;
- we are migrating to a new server with a new version of openLDAP (dependant on RHEL version - previously RHEL 4 now RHEL 5);
- we tried the option creating a staging server with 2.2 and importing
on the new system (v2.3) the extracted data on the new system. Then we
activated replication (SLURPD) between the two and tried updating the
staging server with the transaction logs of production hoping the data
would then replicate to the new system. But that does not work.
Any ideas on how it can be done with minimal impact to the current LDAP and reducing the outage period?