Re: distribution list in openldap

Am Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:20:04 -0600
schrieb Ben Kim <bkim@benix.tamu.edu>:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to create a distribution list for outlook 2007, using
> openldap.
> Outlook reads ldap contacts quite OK, but I can't make a mailing
> group.
> Does anyone know of a good tutorial? I did some googling, but most of
> the related questions seem unanswered.
> I looked at http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1317.html MS
> Outlook: How To Make Distribution Lists. If you have followed the
> tutorial already, I would need some detailed steps, since I'm not an
> ldap expert.

It seems that the author is maintaining a mysql database which keeps
the mail adresses and integrated this database into openldap, something

database sql
suffix cn=my distributionlist,dc=example,dc=com
<more parameters>

database hdb
suffix dc=example,dc=com

read man slapd-sql(5) and from the source

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
GPG Key ID:DA147B05