Re: Emergency recovery strategy needed by novice

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, Chris Jacobs wrote:

> Dump:
> slapcat -l [ldif file]
>
> Add from dump, with slapd off:
> slapadd -l [ldif file]
>
> If you're using BDB (typical backend), you can move the contents of the dbdir specified by your config first.
>
> - chris

THANK YOU, Chris.

However, I can't login to the troubled server. When I try and login via
ssh, I get the password prompt, then nothing and it eventually times out
with simply, "connection lost."

I do have a connection from our application server to slapd which is
visible via 'netstat -lT' as ldaps ("ESTABLISHED") - I presume this is via
some kind of library available via Java as it's a EJB based application.

Further thoughts? Can I harness the ability to connect to get the data out
even when I don't know the first thing about the data I want to fetch,
similar to the slapcat command above?

Thanks again for any all help, comments, etc,
Richard