Emergency recovery strategy needed by novice

Hello All,

I've got a bit of a problem.... Management chose a software product that
depends on OpenLDAP's SLAPD service and had us put it into production
without our quite understanding the software well enough to be clueful.
The deployment is across virtual and real servers, the virtual servers
handling the web stack and other user-oriented functionality while "real"
servers handle data management. Regarding the data management, one system
was chosen as a replication master, and another as slave, but being
understaffed, we never quite got the replication of the OpenLDAP data
configured when, today, some serious networking problems cropped up.

The symptom is that we can establish an OpenLDAP (slapd) connection from
the virtual side to the master, and a postgres connection - our RDBMS, but
we can't get the rest of our primary application to connect properly so
it's down. And it is absolutely not clear what's wrong with the master
anyway. I can't get to the physical hardware because it's off in some data
center somewhere that the founder located near him - and he's off
traveling. So, we're "dead in the water."

I was thinking that we might salvage the situation by dumping the data
from the Postgres and OpenLDAP databases and restoring them to the slave
system - promoting it to master - and while I've succeeded in moving over
the Postgres data, I haven't a CLUE how to get started unloading and
reloading the OpenLDAP data.

...I'm very competent with most things related to computing but I am
_completely_ inexperienced with OpenLDAP. I've never issued any commands
to or with OpenLDAP / slapd and have no idea what's normal for dealing
with it. Are there dump and reload utilities?  Any and all pointers /
help GREATLY appreciated.

Richard