[Date Prev][Date Next]
How does LDAP_OPT_RESTART work?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How does LDAP_OPT_RESTART work?
- From: Khaled Blah <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 11:35:53 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=vgDVL7nOTB0cBsKQRPeBFzIpvr+0P/56hVSHijBX0Yw=; b=fQgG7DuBJfE57rm4lz5X+xNBZFOlpHeoQe7/BlZ6AxwCU5I/mCPNbeAwwGh7r3txy4 PhPpEH5XupBeiT3rX0941Dw+c4gTBzx5fWgmUYukvFugewSPPzU/xj8j2XJ0ycGs2YI/ WSW7ccz90hlcSOQvEvoH9AavbPtwk86HUElXA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=bvSmSw9Eoy7C5OqXbFBHkVxbV3l1zZs9wATwlgiMtsynLliFhZiustQjVFeUB/+Vx3 bUKLCB88gX+7AWuq22pfsIV83DVRt/2uDXazGJUBiA0MlUv/WzOMFYWinR4RO78DiIbv kznOzRjmVFqW1eV5h28nrBD7SuR5TR/f6jc8k=
I'd like to know what the meaning of LDAP_OPT_RESTART is and how it
works? Is there someone here who could shed some light on this for me?
First of all: next to the description in the manual is a "FIXME" and
it doesn't say what needs to be fixed exactly. Second of all: I've
tried my OpenLDAP based client with this option set to LDAP_OPT_ON
when my client was still running and already had done one successfull
bind and then stopped (with another bind while the server was stopped)
and restarted my LDAP server. However, when the LDAP server was back
online the connection was not restarted and the bind did not work. Did
I miss something or do I misunderstand the purpose of this option?
Thanks in avance to anyone who can tell me more about this.