From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org>
To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Tue Jan 04 09:03:34 2011
Subject: Re: Problem with openldap backup script

Thanks Quanah,

I know about slapcat and I'm using it with great success.

However, I was wondering about this backup script, since it's part of
the default installation (using these RPMs) and automatically scheduled
with cron. It seems to be a nice and sophisticated script (by Buchan)
which looks trustworthy, although it appears to be relatively old.

Per your advice, I think I'll remove it and schedule (cron) slapcat for
nightly/weekly backups instead, unless someone else provides other feedback.

Thanks again,

On 4/1/2011 5:41 μμ, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:32 PM +0200 Nick Milas
> <nick@eurobjects.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm running openldap 2.4.22 using Buchan's CentOS/RHEL 5 RPMs. For some
>> reason, although the backup script seems to be running successfully
>> (either manually or by cron), it produces no results whatsoever:
> This script is not part of the openldap package, and so it is unlikely
> many people will have any idea what it does or is trying to do. I
> certainly don't. I suggest you use slapcat.
> --Quanah
> --
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Sr. Member of Technical Staff
> Zimbra, Inc
> A Division of VMware, Inc.
> Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.