Re: Index Usage

--On Monday, December 27, 2010 9:41 AM -1000 Paul <paul@ehawaii.gov> wrote:

I assumed that "bdb_equality_candidates" would indicate "eq" indexing as
being the type of search it's trying to do, is my assumption off the mark?

"eq" means you are indexing it for equality searches. It says zero about what type of searches the client may be doing. For example, it may be doing a substr search on objectClass. If it is, you'll get the warning. It is not necessarily a bad thing. It is just letting you know that some client is trying to do searches on that attribute in ways other than you've indexed it for.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.