Re: Granting write to ou

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Am Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:46:50 +0100
schrieb "Thomas D. Dahlmann"<domingo@domingo.dk>:

Hi

I'm trying to add ordinary users write access to a specific ou.

I've googled a lot and haven't really found any useful regarding to
openldap 2.4 (slapd.d format).

What would be the correct syntax for a ldapmodify command to
accomplish this to the dn: ou=addressbook,dc=example,dc=net ?

something like:
ldapmodify -D "cn=config" -W -H ldap://some.host
dn:olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcAccess
olcAccess: {1} to dn.subtree="ou=addressbook,dc=example,dc=net" by
  users write by * read
-

The numbers {1} are fictious, replace with your real values.

Do not supply the {x} numbers at all when you're just doing a replace. slapd generates them itself, so there's no need.

You only need to provide the {x} numbers when you actually want to reference a specific value in a multivalued attribute. Even then, they're just a convenience, not absolutely essential.

--
  -- Howard Chu