[Date Prev][Date Next]
How Indexes work?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: How Indexes work?
- From: Steeg Carson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:45:31 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=aYJvP+tKRb/YNTHqldtsbAKuTucNxtH5y0FCKUBjTIM=; b=Ucm8iNPTzYUPVmH8zA8OAzbRGHv58atDLwaolEBiIBKLaLK7HgujDANl5QGIQKE4Dg RaAJ95o6icRUSprKz7wioquAv1llCWtZUqso0Gw+Gn+vxwgrHE6YU3XZUkUIzyei4/+H +a+6CYBSXRkbTXJY2NqwjdxBS9KkXEcQipxDw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=mf2cNZ6k+9QgoBSzx4FoF35NtLRUILNCqaf6z9eWE8vWICpJxH7Il1euVkfDDN/s5a 3Z2bynm4yfhzV5P63hO27o+5edablYzaYJM0PIxSHd9ge+Cx+RIOgnX1Y/8Qn7GzXgxo osaYAXyzCmkm4jRsggaXp8wDl3L/dFI2NzeSo=
I try to understand, how the LDAP-Indexes work.
If I configure a Index for a Attribute like:
index myAttribute eq
the index file myAttribute.bdb is build in the data directory.
When I search then
ldapsearch -x -h localhost -D".." -b"<baseDN>" "(myAttribute=<searched key>)"
how will the LDAP-Server process this request?
Is there anywhere a good documentation?
My assumption is:
* At first, a the Index is looked up. The result are only the matched IDs.
* The LDAP-Server now can quick give back all entires form id2enty.bdb
If I use Indexes, are all other entires are examined too after give back the result from indexes?
I have a database, and my search is like shown above. The search takes long. The cache is configured, the size is enough
(approx. dn2id.bdb + id2entry.bdb).
But what I see, is that the write IO from LDAP is enormously (seen with iotop). During the whole search, the write IO is higher than the read IO.
Thanks for help.