Readonly user for translucent proxy

Greetings,

i am using an translucent proxy over here on Debian Lenny 64-bit in
version 2.4.11-1+lenny2. The proxy is working fine when i am using the
rootdn configured in my translucent proxy conf. But when i configure a
readonly dn like below, i get only parts of my upstream server.

The readonly is configured like this:
access to *
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=hq,dc=example,dc=com" write
	by dn="uid=tlc,ou=user,dc=example,dc=com" read
        by * read

With this config it should not even be necessary to configure an
additional user, should it?

The overlay is configured like this:
overlay     translucent
translucent_local memberUid
lastmod off
uri         ldaps://ldap.example.com
acl-bind    binddn="uid=tlc,ou=user,dc=example,dc=com"
credentials="verysecret"

Every authenticated dn uses the same binddn and credentials for the
upstream ldap server ldap.example.com, right?

Best Regards,
	Christoph Berkemeier