Re: OpenLDAP runs OK, Mac Mail and Address book do not display entries.

Ask on an Apple forum.

Toomas Vendelin wrote:
Hi,

I have set up an OpenLDAP server on a CentOS 5.5 machine and uploaded
test data from ldif file. Apache directory studio connects to server
nicely from my Mac and displays the records. Apple Mail and address
book also seem to connect OK, but no search results returned in
Address Book, and e-mails are not auto-completed in Mail.

At the same time, I successfully connect to other publicly accessible
servers, so it is probably a fault in my LDIF data. What is it? Do I
need to use some schema specific to Apple? As for now, only the
default ones are used.

My LDIF data (all characters are fictional):

Code:

dn: dc=minu,dc=biz
dc: minu
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: Vendelin&  Barilko

dn: ou=people,dc=minu,dc=biz
ou: people
objectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: cn=Deniska Borilko, ou=people,dc=minu,dc=biz
cn: Deniska Borilko
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
sn: Borilko
mail: denis@somedomain.com

My LDAP settings both in Mail and address book:

Code:

Search base: ou=people,dc=minu,dc=biz
Scope: subtree

Thanks in advance!