Re: slapcat, PROXIED attributeDescription inserted, and cron jobs

> hi-
>
> i'm running slapcat from a daily cron job to back up cn=config and other
> databases.  i've recently updated from 2.4.21 to 2.4.23, and notice now
> in the output of slapcat, messages such as
>
>  >slapcat -b 'cn=config' -l 'config.ldif' > /dev/null
> PROXIED attributeDescription "OU" inserted.
> PROXIED attributeDescription "DC" inserted.
>
> a bit of searching seems to indicate that these shouldn't be cause for
> concern, and are just informative messages.
>
> since these messages are written to stderr, cron sends email every time
> it runs slapcat.  if they're not errors, do they maybe belong in stdout
> rather than stderr?  alternatively, can these messages be suppressed?
> according to the man page, there doesn't appear a way to do so.

Quite odd this emerged while upgrading from 2.4.21 to 2.4.23.  In any
case, that message indicates that "ou" and "dc" are not known; since those
attributes are defined in core schema, and you probably want core.schema
to be loaded, your configuration could be broken, so I'd fix that before
suppressing error messages.

p.