Re: how to compile recent openldap on Centos 5.5

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator <goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to compile the Release 2.4.23  of openldap on my centos 5.5 server.
>
> It fails with:
>
> checking db.h usability... yes
> checking db.h presence... yes
> checking for db.h... yes
> checking for Berkeley DB major version in db.h... 4
> checking for Berkeley DB minor version in db.h... 3
> checking if Berkeley DB version supported by BDB/HDB backends... no
> configure: error: BerkeleyDB version incompatible with BDB/HDB backends
>

> I do have db4 installed:
>
> db4-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2
> db4-devel-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2
> db4-utils-4.3.29-10.el5_5.2

db4-4.3 is not supported, the README clearly says:

SLAPD:
        BDB and HDB backends require Oracle Berkeley DB 4.4, 4.5,
        4.6, 4.7, or 4.8.  It is highly recommended to apply the
        patches from Oracle for a given release.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de