Re: Replication Through A DMZ

--On Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:34 AM -0800 Anton Chu <anton.chu@telecommand.com> wrote:

I have a provider server in the intranet and I want to add a consumer
server in a DMZ for replication.  The problem is that a connection can
only be initiated from the intranet to the DMZ.  I've read both
refreshandpersist and refesh-only replications both require an initial
connection from the consumer server which will be in the DMZ.  Should I
put the provider server in the DMZ instead?

I suggest reading the OpenLDAP admin guide section on replication, specifically the part about "push-based" replication.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc