Re: Is ldap_bind() mandatory before each ldap_search() call?

To be clear, whether you have to bind at all is up to the server, but
you only ever have to bind once per connection, not once per  search
request or other operation.

There is no way to present credentials without a bind; that's what
binding is for.  But an implementation may allow the bind to be
skipped entirely and assume anonymous access.  To be maximally
portable, though, even if using anonymous access, you should do an
explicit bind (a simple bind with an empty password is anonymous -
even if a username is specified).

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>