[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Asynchronicity
- From: Shankar Anand R <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:39:22 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=5bIrBU34oumFlVJskw19EbTUaz60fEJ+g6+g1OdB1PQ=; b=NppcrQLD7L4dTrqtm9jr8N85ZfJvh3+7VATrBgEzooz9Pi0mEnDHh1KOtV2h1+mIMO o5TwdxvKlWoJHC6747rtDZS7gqs2DIKXW9VRMu4jGt4E17kIpv38s+LGCn3cDHECyPDd ykABx6AXw9jCG5zjHFO0YjqF81R1O6623XRHw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=GTbJhkCCeLSUMeCelST/UluAp8AW5IA1UYGb2OFYJaR4254FmYx7hIIgwNvKZBHIk9 TOaK/BlqaAs+qsu3t9t+tWdwMy61W7ZuyDvA/A7ZhMduZsrzbGNPE7BEdNEzfUvbNKeV PAeNm+yalzVTrSmL5Eo1pbQtxAQGsPqZ5MofI=
- In-reply-to: <4CB2DA84.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20101009233140.GA5455@wilbur.25thandClement.com> <4CB2DA84.email@example.com>
Is there any workaround way by which we will be able to do a DIGEST-MD5 - SASL LDAP bind asynchronously?
Howard: Is there a plan to have an asynchronous ldap_sasl_interactive_bind in the near future? Any time lines for that?
On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Connect has been asynch for years, though an option to configure the connect timeout is a more recent addition.
William Ahern wrote:
Excepting DNS, is the latest release of OpenLDAP fully asynchronous-capable,
even with TLS? Perusing the source code I can't find any obvious places
other than DNS where things might block, but it's harder to prove the
I remember many years ago this wasn't the case, and I had to thread the
connect phase, but the ChangeLog suggests that things have changed
The only significant thing left that I can think of that's still only synchronous is ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s(), and I have some plans to fix that.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/