[Date Prev][Date Next]
OpenLDAP works slower on a server with LDAP-based authentication
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: OpenLDAP works slower on a server with LDAP-based authentication
- From: Konstantin Boyandin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:31:29 +0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=fIrK7odN3E0W7fpz308w4aUWRfJK3tJaa7Kua7E1d6Y=; b=i2venpZf8RJIxF8MCtK6F8Z+N6O7krG+hHlnIogF5dzGN7RUcfCXKkNyW3yTsLqdGQ iStDgyRBIx33kpQDP9JWqs0+Hs+JY3cYBC7swwszBIDPgkcKa6bxqt8R3zxAL8HqS9Lv QVt3itO+Z8J/QK8H8021ahKrLlNp7JXCBMirc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=pd7EWRDUEd/BPC3quX0uLZ1lKwCARp2uvc/Aw8lOpu4NBPmkhyxXEsK/1vlUa9qc0S yCY4pEil2X3/3l8SvqOoDxGesQ3b4lhHp3n6zUZlH5pcZAAz2DD9hHY8EsDuxXnNyMnN MFQGCcH8lhDCrv+lNUwJpkIoQkBEDvIEMrnX4=
I have two servers used in Samba domain setup.
Both computers are running CentOS 5.5 x86_64, all updates installed,
both are using the
openldap-servers-2.3.43-12 and other requried packaged of the same
version (2.3.43-12). All the required ports are open.
Master OpenLDAP server uses LDAP authentication, slave doesn't (Un*x
Slave syncs with the master (syncrepl) every several minutes. All the
config files of both are the same, including DB_CONFIG. All
recommended records are indexed. The only difference is the
replciation section in /etc/opeldap/slapd.conf on slave.
When I run ldapsearch against slave (Un*x authentication), it responds
When I run ldapsearch against master (LDAP authentication), it takes 2
to 10 seconds to receive data.
I would appreciate any hint on where to look for the reason of slow
response on master server.