Re: Ldap , problems with getent passwd

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, Mr Prentice , i do not use ssl autentification, anyways i think I fix a little bit the problem , now if I run getent passwd , i got all ldap users, how i fixed it?, well... i reconfigure libnss-ldap, something should be wrong there, but now I have a different problem, maybe you could help me,(i hope so ) , when i try to manage user access to share directory from a windows xp , I cant get the users from the domain ( but i could login in the domain with machines and users but not change their privileges from windows by properties--> security--> add . )

Maybe I need configure some extra packages , or any conflict , Im debugging ldap , but i didn't find out the problem's origin.

Thanks for all,

Regards
Alejandro

Prentice Bisbal wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
Hi all,

I've just configured samba PDC + Ldap . I thouhg i had everything right
done , but recently running last test, I've seen when i do :

smbldap-useradd -m testuser1 , I check phpldapadmin to see if user was
created  , and right, user appear in phpldapadmin , with an
uuid=testuser1, but if  I check with a shell:
getent passwd

I have no results concern with testuser1 , just local users, what could
I've been doing wrong.

This is my nsswitch.conf

passwd:         compat ldap
group:          compat ldap
shadow:         compat ldap

I don't think you need the 'compat' in there. Change 'compat' to 'files'

passwd:         files ldap
group:          files ldap
shadow:         files ldap

Are you require SSL encryption on your server? If SSL is not setup
correctly in /etc/ldap.conf or /etc/openldap/ldap.conf, that can cause
problems, too.

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

if you need more information about others files just tell me .

Thanks for all , and excuse me for my english

Regards

Alejandro Gándara