Re: Configuring OpenLDAP 2.2 with gdbm

Piotr,

That error can becaused by one of two things:

1. You don't have the necessary gdbm libraries installed

or

2. Some of your environment variables are not setup correctly to search
for the correct include and/or library files for gdbm.

First, check to make sure you have the ldbm library and header files
installed. Then check your CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS to make sure they
contain the paths to the gdbm include and library respectively.

For example, on my RHEL 5.5 system, I would do

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib"

These are default search locations, so in reality, they don't need to be
set on my system. I have no idea where Solaris 10 would put them, so I
don't know what these values should be for you.

Prentice