Re: Recommended approach for LDAP as backend for virtual domain mail hosting?

--On Monday, October 04, 2010 8:47 PM +0200 Andreas Ntaflos <daff@pseudoterminal.org> wrote:

I will probably also post this to the Postfix mailing list but it is
fundamentally an (Open)LDAP question so here goes:

Short version: What is a recommended way to set up virtual mail hosting
based on OpenLDAP? I.e. providing mail and authentication services, like
SMTP and IMAP, using Postfix and Dovecot, for multiple *independent
domains* such as example.net, example.org, example.com?

Use the empty base "", and create each domain (example.net, example.org, example.com), etc with users in each. They will all be distinct from each other.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer