Re: Replication process slapd 2.4.23 (value #* provided more than once)

Le 24/09/2010 18:23, Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :
> --On Friday, September 24, 2010 11:33 AM +0200 Nicolas Greneche
> <nicolas.greneche@univ-orleans.fr> wrote:
>

>> Sep 24 11:08:37 kyo slapd[2296]: syncrepl_message_to_entry: rid=001 mods
>> check (postalAddress: value #0 provided more than once)
>
> Sounds like you have bad data in your database that 2.4 catches and 2.3
> doesn't.

I got it, I've looked for the record that freeze replication. I've got
something like this :

postalAddress: xxxXXXxxx
postalAddress: XXxxxxxxX

The same postalAddress value with different case. I added
'schemachecking off' on the replica without any success :

syncrepl rid=001 provider=ldap://my-master:389/
searchbase="dc=test,dc=fr" bindmethod=simple
binddn="cn=root,dc=test,dc=fr" credentials=password schemachecking=off
type=refreshAndPersist retry="5 +"

Replication process blocks on the same entry.

I've done a slapcat of the master, removed one postalAddress, slapadd
and restart replica : the entry is relicated with success (then it locks
to another one and I can't modify LDAP directory feeding process).

Why slapadd succeds whereas replication with schema checking disabled
fails ?

Do you have any suggestions to make replication works without removing
duplicate postalAddress entries ?

Thanks,

> --Quanah
>
> --
>
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Engineer
> Zimbra, Inc
> --------------------
> Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

- --
Nicolas Greneche -  RSSI et Sysadmin
Centre de Ressources Informatiques (CRI)
Doctorant au sein du projet SDS - www.sds-project.fr
Mail : nicolas.greneche_(at)_univ-orleans.fr
GPG  : http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5FEBD0EF

Universite d'Orleans            Web  : http://blog.garnett.fr
Batiment 3IA - 2e etage         Tel  : 02 38 49 25 26
6 rue Leonard de Vinci
BP 6102 45061 ORLEANS Cedex 2