Re: MoNSS support in openldap

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, September 24, 2010 7:25 PM +0200 Silvan Marco Fin
<silvan@kernelconcepts.de>  wrote:

Hi!

  Is there any magic to be cast upon openldap to enable the MozNSS
support when compiling it? Perhaps I'm missing something, but there
doesn't seem to be a configure switch to enable NSS, like with Gnutls or
OpenSSL.

There is no switch for it at this time.

And that is because currently MozNSS cannot be used transparently as a drop-in replacement for OpenSSL or GnuTLS. Once the MozNSS folks get their PEM handler into their mainline code, it ought to work reasonably transparently, and at that point we may provide a configure switch for it. For now, we do not endorse or support it.

--
  -- Howard Chu