Re: How to slapadd cn=config

Hi Robert!

> Slapd, etc. needs an /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file

Well, either an /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file *or* a cn=config database, I
guess.

Ok, maybe a possible trick is to have a minimal slapd.conf file which just
declares a cn=config database to be able to load it that way.

In that case, a cut & paste example somewhere would come in handy.

But I understand that in OpenLDAP 2.5 they think about doing away with
slapd.conf entirely. This would then break your approach again.

Maybe Howard will explain a bit better what he meand by "slapadd the same
way you slapcat".

Regards,
Torsten