Re: How to slapadd cn=config

Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG) wrote:
Dear list!

If I have an LDIF backup of a cn=config database, taken with slapcat, how
would I use it to bootstrap a new server, for example, in a desaster
recovery setting?

I tried it and slapadd required a configuration, but cn=config *is* the
configuration and I am trying to restore it. So this is a bit of a chicken
and egg problem, isn't it?

It looked that way, when we started designing this 4 years ago. But yes, we have a solution.

Is there an "official" way of doing that?

Exactly the same way as you slapcat'd it. What was the exact command line you used for slapcat?

--
  -- Howard Chu