RE: Loglevel for authentication problem

We are in the process of upgrading. I just built a new RHEL 5 with 2.4.23. and we need to complete a single sign on  portal project to get all applications in line to use LDAP. Its time consuming when  you have to work a variety of vendors and platforms....!!!

Thanks again I was able to resolve my issue with this application.

-----Original Message-----
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@zimbra.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:18 PM
To: Darouichi, Aziz; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Loglevel for authentication problem

--On Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:22 AM -0400 "Darouichi, Aziz"
<adarouic@post03.curry.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are working with a vendor of a hosted application, and we are using
> openldap-2.2.13-12.el4 for authentication. We are not able to login to
> the hosted application. This is what the vendor is getting for error
> message:

I would note that OpenLDAP 2.2 is a historic release, and that particular
version of OpenLDAP had numerous, extremely serious, bugs in it.  The
current stable release is 2.4.23.

> Sep 16 09:41:17 ldap1 slapd[3288]: <= bdb_equality_candidates:
> (uniqueMember) index_param failed (18)

This error does not look related to your issue, but it would indicate that
something is doing a search on uniqueMember where the filter type does not
match your indexing.

I would suggest examining the logs at loglevel 256.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc