Re: Changing serverID considered harmful

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 01:11:00PM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

>> The correct thing would be to set the serverID before loading the
>> initial data, but if that gets missed it seems to be OK to take a
>> new LDIF dump after changing the ID, and to use that to pre-load
>> replica servers.
>
> File a (documentation at least) ITS for this?

Having done some more tests, I have found a case where an
apparently-valid mirrormode configuration falls into the same
trap (without changing serverIDs at inopportune times). I have
therefore submitted this as a software problem:

	http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/index.cgi?findid=6648

It affects new consumer servers that need to process deletions in
the initial refresh phase, and those deletions originated on
multiple master servers.

Andrew