Re: invalid syntax on pwdPolicy object add

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:29:12 +0530, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Julien Vehent <julien@linuxwall.info> wrote:
>>

>> # slapd -V
>> @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 (Aug 26 2010 18:33:04) $
>>        root@monster:/tmp/buildd/openldap-2.4.23/debian/build/servers/slapd
>>

>> It's not a space/tab problem, and I've tried to put the request in an ldif file and insert it, with the same result.
>> It's definitely a constraint that's not satisfied... but which one ??
>
> think it is reproducible cause I have got the same error when I
> followed the above steps
> 'error code 21 - pwdAttribute: value #0 invalid per syntax'
>
> I have built OpenLDAP version 2.4.23 on Ubuntu 9.04 with berkeley db
> version 4.7.25
>
> Kiran Ayyagari

Alright, so it's either my steps that are wrong, or a problem with slapd.
I'll be humble and suppose that my configuration is wrong first. Any hint on what I could have missed ?
described here: http://wiki.linuxwall.info/doku.php/en:ressources:dossiers:openldap:openldap_debian#password_policy

Julien