Keep alive functionality when the remote closes the conenction due idle

Hi guys,

   I have a question related to the open ldap client keep alive functionality. Our OS is SLES 11.

    In our client code we are reusing the ldap connections between requests uning a connection pool. For each conenction we are setting the keep-alive options (LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_IDLE,  LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_PROBES and LDAP_OPT_X_KEEPALIVE_INTERVAL) and this works fine.

    My question is how the openl ldap library (libldap and libldap_r) handles the situation when the number of kee-alive probes for a connection is exceeded and the connection is closed at the server side.
    Did you dealt with this situation?

Thanks,
Alin