Re: slapd-meta idassert with SASL EXTERNAL not working correctly

> What setting do you have for TLSVerifyClient on the server side? According
> 16.2.1.8 of the Administrator's Guide, you'll need a non-default setting
> for the server to ask for the client certificate.
>
> Also, have you attempted to perform a bind using the client utilities, to
> rule out any problems with the server config?
The server that back-meta connects to is configured to "try" TLS authentication.
I also tested the authentication using the client utilities, which succeeded.

Apparently, the tls options I'm using are ignored by back-meta (see
the previous message).

Nevertheless, setting the LDAPTLS_... environment variables for slapd
seems to be a possible workaround for this problem.

--
Manuel Gaupp