Re: Can't start replication

Found it!

It was all my own fault... the binddn is wrong.  I can't tell you how long I've been looking at that.. and how much of a pillock I now feel.

But to hopefully help someone learn from my mistakes...  The binddn given in the documentation on openldap.org shows binddn="cn=config"  this wasn't working for me though, (not sure if this is something I changed earlier in config, or if it's something changed in they way slapd works, but changing that to 'binddn="cn=admin,cn=config" ' fixed the problem for me... they are now syncing, and I'm cursing the fact that it's only 11am, and I can't go for a beer.

Thanks to all on the list, and especially Dieter.

Alister

--
Alister Forbes      Work:   +32 2 704 5762    Internal: 322 5762
a@cisco.com    TACSUNS             _.|._.|._ Cisco Systems

Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See -