Re: replicate two branches?

Isaac,

Isaac Hailperin schrieb am 27.08.2010 12:49 Uhr:
> On 08/27/2010 11:12 AM, Marc Patermann wrote:
>> Isaac Hailperin schrieb am 25.08.2010 17:44 Uhr:
>>
>>> I was wondering whether there is a way to replicate more then one
>>> branch. I tried to replicate two branches using two syncrepl sections in
>>> slapd.conf with different rid, but that got me an error
>>> "syncrepl: database already shadowed"
>>> So I suppose its at least not that easy.
>> You are speaking about the provider, right?
> No, the error occured on the slave side, after I put two syncrepl
> directives in slapd.conf.
>
>> If you have o=foo with branch a ou=a,o=foo and branch b in ou=b,o=foo,
>> what do you want to achieve then? Replicate branch a to server a and
>> branch b to server b, or what?
> I have dc=foo with ou=bar,dc=foo ou=rab,dc=foo and ou=oof,dc=foo.
> I want to replicate ou=bar and ou=rab to another server, but not ou=oof.
Where syncrpl is a database option, you could define a database for each
branch in the consumer and define the searchbase corresponding to each
branch (if you cannot reduce the replication data to a branch by setting
a filter, where "dn= ..." is not a valid filter).

database bdb
suffix    "ou=bar,dc=foo"
syncrepl rid=1 searchbase=ou=bar,dc=foo ...
directory ...

database bdb
suffix    "ou=rab,dc=foo"
syncrepl rid=1 searchbase=ou=rab,dc=foo ...
directory ...

Marc