Re: Getting Solaris to use Openldap

On 08/27/10 09:56 PM, Stuart Cherrington wrote:
> Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 21:33:42 +1200
>
> > # default, profile, ldn.sw.com
> > dn: cn=default,ou=profile,dc=ldn,dc=sw,dc=com
> > *defaultSearchBase: dc=ldn,dc=sw,dc=com*
> > authenticationMethod: simple
> > followReferrals: TRUE
> > profileTTL: 43200
> > searchTimeLimit: 30
> > objectClass: DUAConfigProfile
> > defaultServerList: 10.2.250.15
> > credentialLevel: proxy
> > cn: default
> > defaultSearchScope: one
>
> You should add
>
> serviceSearchDescriptor: passwd:<people base>
> serviceSearchDescriptor: group:<group base>

I initially had these (and one for shadow) but they didn't make any difference the error, but I expect I'll need them when its in operation.

What are the searches being run (from your slapd.log)?

Do the work?

The first search '(&(objectClass=nisDomainObject)(nisDomain=your domain')) should return your nisDomain, the next the profile.

--
Ian.