[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP to replace Oracle Internet Directory
- To: Gavin Henry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP to replace Oracle Internet Directory
- From: Matheus Morais <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:52:33 -0300
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=10MWegSbTnO5uEK5PyDU6r3pQZnI0dG+sStQEpCxkJo=; b=aPOlBPNxjv/WUlwGJErSduZ3I9vW2arjbZ9Ljf3jL+kxTRmTsOnYWXOfTsMwKM6oJC anhy2aCCmW+FXPsyGJwla40wYjT+GfHDYct8SN6hHLxKtkKA6SSpoUU+6/OsfxyCX/uH ggvP7I5QlPuaO/6Px2QdQoJ76lQ1rTgEZ7OIk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=TRe7sbx2e8L93A6qv2dU7Dy9uozLbsS9ee6ZkKJ+2CyT41pIrjaiGJzMM6tw8mnEUY 8zRfLOV3QdHTWBZTNHc5nZhARZsyrbno+wrOq820AqqELNVrmW6WjGcxpnbCoGQSrdq3 tceVpmFCsQBIS9I/dhiOuo/YoUtVOZOteq4Nc=
- In-reply-to: <4C4DC4D1.8000605@OpenLDAP.org>
- References: <AANLkTin7Tjb0eufoROIlzMet05jY9O0mVTpwxP6MJR5E@mail.gmail.com> <4C4DC4D1.8000605@OpenLDAP.org>
Sorry for the late reply, I need to organize my mail box, I just not seen this email!
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Gavin Henry <email@example.com>
> I want thank every one responsible to keep OpenLDAP project with that highExcellent news! How is it going now? Did you use our docs to help you?
> level of quality and I am really proud about that kind of quality has been
> produced by a free software project (free as in freedom).
We're doing really well at this time. Right now we're waiting for the dev team to correct one of our LDAP API which was using substring search for distinguishedName attributes and that works on Oracle Internet Directory but as RFC 2256 say, section 5.50 more precisely, the 'client must not assume that LDAP servers are capable of performing attribute subtyping'. They are testing and after put on production we will be ready to change the last systems which still using Oralce Internet Directory.
I most used the Administrator's Guide for version 2.4 and all the manuals available. I think the documentation is very complete in general but could be improved in some points, like the session of Monitor backend for example. I also would be happy if we had a portuguese version of Admin's Guide.
Since I'm not a developer I could help on the documention at my spare time. I would be glad if I could help in some aspect.
Do you have any suggestions for improvements to the docs?
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.
Community developed LDAP software.