Openldap2.4.16 performance issue

Hi All,

I need help for openldap slapd 200% cpu utilization issue.

I have configured three openldap servers(2 Masters and 1 Slave). I have
configure PEN load balancer for failover setup on 2 master openldap servers.It
means application server first of all hit the loadbalancer port and than PEN LB
will forwad that request to Master 1 or 2 openldap server.

Hardware configuration on all boxes:

OS: RHEL5(x86_64)
RAM: 2GB
Number of CPU: 2(Intel(R) Xeon(R)2.00GHz)

Number of BDB databases: 2

Databse1:

Number of users : 830000
Number of dns: 830000

Database2:

Number of users: 2000
Number of dns: 800000

My Application1 using Databse1 and Application2 using Databse2.
Application2 just authenticating the users and store last 10 password history
only, It means Application1 is not using openldap too much.

In Application2(90% dependent on openldap) every user have 1000+ sub leafs
entries. when I want to do major changes(number of leafs write) into this, it.s
got hanged and got socket closed error in application logs and CPU utilization
goes 200% and RAM 52%. My DB_CONFIG file is below:

# $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/servers/slapd/DB_CONFIG,v 1.3.2.4 2007/12/18 11:53:27
ghenry Exp $
# Example DB_CONFIG file for use with slapd(8) BDB/HDB databases.
#
# See the Oracle Berkeley DB documentation
#   <http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/ref/env/db_config.html>
# for detail description of DB_CONFIG syntax and semantics.
#
# Hints can also be found in the OpenLDAP Software FAQ
#       <http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=2>
# in particular:
#   <http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1075>

# Note: most DB_CONFIG settings will take effect only upon rebuilding
# the DB environment.

# one 0.25 GB cache
set_cachesize 0 268435456 1

# Data Directory
#set_data_dir db

# Transaction Log settings
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 2097152
#set_lg_dir logs

# Note: special DB_CONFIG flags are no longer needed for "quick"
# slapadd(8) or slapindex(8) access (see their -q option).

Please help me here that what I need to do for better performance. Thanks in
advance.

My contact number is +919650477441

Thanks & Regards,

Devender Singh

Senior Unix Administrator,

(SOA Support Team)

SDG Software India Pvt. Ltd

A-10, Sector 2, Noida 201301, U.P, India

M: +91-9910024231 O: +91.120.401.4000 F: +91.120.401.4020

website : www.sdgc.com

Please Note: The e-mail content is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.