[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: replication from child to Parent domain
- To: "Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG)" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: replication from child to Parent domain
- From: owen nirvana <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 02:02:57 +0800
- Cc: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=MeyUrE5EzLD5Glb/R68q8PpLyG5BsktXqPpMYvLT1/o=; b=Gs0f+l529n1oNFriGaIkXq4pNLehVO9OPx9gsqSm7oWSot0XRBkqEMUQeuBxOvZaet SxaEIMs5/qLAMXL2OZvsCmMgXkQ+8eus9tQ4Pg4+D1+rDqhNzQ6niXBTj7JrBBLnecrM 2ULMTJrfnk5Z1QEqhKw/TN9KjW+u2lESDOcaM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; b=af/Wm0UczwAbNYEnaEF+5E0EmwfY+PAqt1hnEBDGDwPBcCxkKt/yt7Uoo+lIiKCe2I JuDZi/sNZvjc1PkRdWPaXUTl9NQdhjda6h+hBH0mIhoW0MjSI1j8PEmQCqgq+9W/P7Up 7tcxphwPJUNA3gAC7f8DfSjnDN1Gn8teRGz7g=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <AANLkTikD-0xpy7HkxEa6isN4S9_m92A4LrZMCjNdeaVT@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
I means how to config replication in a multi-level LDAP nodes. like the following
the parent node is has a domain "dc=parentCA, dc=rootCA", and under this domain, many users were saved with dn like "cn=john, ou=sales,dc=parentCA, dc=rootCA"
it has some sons nodes,like "dc=son1CA,dc=parentCA, dc=rootCA" and like its parent,users were saved with dn like "cn=john, ou=sales,dc=son1CA,dc=parentCA, dc=rootCA"
Now, I hope parent node could saved data from sons node, so I try to config replication between the two nodes to make parent node could pull data from son node. However, it seems like the current replication solution was designed between the same nodes with the same domain, I don't know how to implement replcation between the different level nodes
thanks for help
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am not sure I understand properly what you are trying to do.
Do you want to replicate different parts within the same tree? This
wouldn't make too much sense to me.
Or do you mean you want to replicate the content of what you call the
parent domain(dc=parentCA) on one server to the child domain on a different
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:11:10 +0800, owen nirvana <email@example.com>
> How to config slapd.conf to replicate between the parent> gtalk:firstname.lastname@example.org <gtalk%3Afreeespeech@gmail.com>
> and the child(dc=sonCA,dc=parentCA) domain.