Re: segmentation fault when attempting to delete olcOverlay={0}syncprov entry in cn=config (Runtime) Configuration

Ralf and everyone,
I discovered that I had the DN of the syncprov overlay entry wrong.  I had the following:

olcOverlay={0}syncprov,olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config

I changed it to:

olcOverlay=syncprov,olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config

And now the replication works between my two servers, AND when I do the remove tests, it doesn't crash the server ;o)

I can still open a bug report if you want, since having a bad config, then attempting to delete it probably shouldn't crash the server ;o).

Thanks again for everyone who helped.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Ralf Haferkamp <rhafer@suse.de> wrote:
Am Mittwoch 21 Juli 2010, 18:26:58 schrieb jon brandt:
> Thanks for the reply Ralf!
>
> I got the RPMs for SUSE I believe (i.e. I didn't build the server
> myself), so I'm assuming the DSLAP_CONFIG_DELETE flag was used.
Yes, probably. Might I ask you to open a bug report at
bugzilla.novell.com? So we can fix it and probably release an updated
RPM.

> All
> the other deletes work fine (I'm adding then deleting other
> directives, for example olcMirrorMode or olcDbIndex and those delete
> just fine from cn=config).
Yes. The problematic thing is deleting complete objects (e.g. overlays,
databases). Deleting single Attributes should work just fine and doesn't
require -DSLAP_CONFIG_DELETE.

> I will try to upgrade to a newer version
> and see if that helps.
It'll probably just deny to execute the operations (e.g. when removing
overlay entries from the frontend or config db). But I consider that
better than crashing the server :).

regards,
       Ralf