[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: back-sql caching
- From: Frederik Bosch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:09:29 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=lc0frTFhPcLsX3ciPcwtpvrC5dz4CFl46tt3ptBVth8=; b=E4pvaQTcfkT5E2jbO+nCp3RQjlY8XPXAjNW05/xa+df0ucf+zOq9vos4fdbtazq1MX OfX5gG5OB5iKLdz3LmT7S1gl0gEQv3faSdIaPa4grCVNiI3PESeAeecgdC4mZClKMerm d0oJrR3Kg2DZ5gWTJ3BEziCQ+Jl7oe4+muiMo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=pBEc2PN9Uq+jfKqa56qPkaJrkgrq9lPXE4vBUl1LPVqD4VDyfsZ0Ed/+8zHGp4KQer SV8yRCFaxmQ/KUBo271iInKUnn4BWIqnTiGOVf62xkX+Uht2ZvBzfSEU2/0kABYSHNs7 9i2gxJkHONPuya1uN36/A4z8jWQweECkwuOKI=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52pre) Gecko/20100626 Shredder/3.0.6pre
With BackSQL I am trying to make my SQL data available for LDAP
purposes. Setup went OK, server starts and my data is available. I have
one problem. Modifications in the SQL data do not seem to be executed
until I restart slapd. As if the SQL data is cached.
My setup uses openldap_2.4.11-1+lenny1 which I recompiled using debuild
to enable backsql. My sqlserver is MySQL 5.0.5.
So, starting slapd won't generate any errors or problems. When I delete
or modify a row - with an other interface (directly accessing the SQL
server) then LDAP - slapd does not seem to notify the changes. By
enabling query logging for MySQL I found out that it actually executes a
new SQL statement. So the problem seems to take place when the resultset
Inserting a new row to ldap_entries gives exactly the same problem. It
is not found until the slapd is restarted. When I started slapd with -d
16383 I found the line <==backsql_oc_get_candidates(): 0 which confirms
my problem in this case.
Annoyingly, restarting the server solves the problem (temporarily). The
data modifications are found and the correct tree is available. In order
to maintain correct data I could restart slapd each 5 minutes, but I
think such a solution should be avoided in any case.
Does anyone have a suggestion what could be wrong with my setup?
Thanks in advance.