RE: Adding rfc schema clashes

> From: bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net
> To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
> Subject: Re: Adding rfc schema clashes
> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:47:31 +0100
> CC: stuart_cherrington@hotmail.co.uk
>
> On Tuesday, 13 July 2010 09:53:39 Stuart Cherrington wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Think I fixed this one myself, I've replaced the nis.schema with
> > rfc2307bis.schema as it contains everything and more that nis.schema does.
>
> But, not the same ... and you should check that all your clients support
> rfc2307bis (e.g., groupOfNames groups with DN-valued member attributes,
> instead of posixGroup-only groups with username-valued memberUid attributes).

Not sure how I check what Solaris clients need ion the LDAP server end, will troll through google. I 'was' using the nis.schema, but then found that I couldn't bind the ldap on my SOlaris clients to the openldap server as the nisDomainObject was a missing objecttype. When I found this in rfc2307bis I had to replace nis.schema with it and I found I couldn't use both.

Not sure if I'm 'allowed' to do this but my initial problem was copying a posixGroup, the posixGroup def in rfc2307bis.schema lists the objecttype as 'AUXILIARY' and no 'cn' is MAY/MUST optioned. so I added 'cn' to the MAY section and changed the objectclass to 'STRUCTURAL', can now now copy posixGroups without errors.

Please let me know if I'm breaking anything.