Re: Adding rfc schema clashes

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 07:32:53 +0000, Stuart Cherrington
<stuart_cherrington@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Running OpenLDAP 2.4 on RHEL 5.
>
> In order for my SOlaris 10 clients to start using the OpenLDAP service I
> need the objectclass 'nisDomainObject' to be declared. I found this
> objecttype in the 'rfc2307bis.schema' file so I've added it into the
> slapd.conf and now LDAP fails to restart with
>
> /usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/nis.schema: line 53 attributetype:
Duplicate
> attributeType: "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.2"
> slaptest2.4: bad configuration file!
>
> I did a quick check the and "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.2" is declared in the
nis.schema
> for the gecos attributetype.
>
> Can I alter the number within the rfc schema?

You *can* on your local machine (no one will sue you) but you shouldn't.

Am I mistaken in thinking that the rfc2307bis.schema file does everything
(and more?) that the nis.schema file does? Could you not just stop using
nis.schema?

Regards,
Jonathan