Adding rfc schema clashes

Running OpenLDAP 2.4 on RHEL 5.

In order for my SOlaris 10 clients to start using the OpenLDAP service I need the objectclass 'nisDomainObject' to be declared. I found this objecttype in the 'rfc2307bis.schema' file so I've added it into the slapd.conf and now LDAP fails to restart with

/usr/share/openldap2.4/schema/nis.schema: line 53 attributetype: Duplicate attributeType: ""
slaptest2.4: bad configuration file!

I did a quick check the and "" is declared in the nis.schema for the gecos attributetype.

Can I alter the number within the rfc schema?