From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org>
To: Jonathan Clarke <jonathan@phillipoux.net>
Cc: stybla@turnovfree.net <stybla@turnovfree.net>; rahul.manchanda@bt.com <rahul.manchanda@bt.com>; openldap-technical@openldap.org <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Mon Jul 12 07:30:36 2010
Subject: Re: Cannot authenticate with user/password

Thanks guys!

Now when I start slapd, I do not understand the output:
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.22 (Jun  9 2010 08:15:30) $
         steve@v480:/bigdisk/SOURCES/S10/openldap-2.4.22/servers/slapd
Backend ACL: access to *
         by self write
         by users read
         by anonymous auth

Backend ACL: access to *
         by * none

config_back_db_open: line 0: warning: cannot assess the validity of the
ACL scope within backend naming context
bdb_db_open: warning - no DB_CONFIG file found in directory
/shibidp/LDAP/var/data: (2).
Expect poor performance for suffix "dc=ldap,dc=mimas,dc=ac,dc=uk".
bdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure monitor database to
enable
slapd starting

--
N Syrotiuk | Mimas | University of Manchester | Manchester  M13 9PL

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.