Re: Recommended way to modify cn=schema entries?

--On Monday, July 12, 2010 11:43 PM +1200 Ian Collins <ian@ianshome.com> wrote:

On 07/ 6/10 02:12 PM, Ian Collins wrote:
I would like to re-order two schema entries to resolve a dependency
issue (our local schema, included before dyngroup.schema, now
references memberURL).

However deleting a schema entry with ldapmodify does not appear to be
supported:

dn: cn={8}dyngroup,cn=schema,cn=config
changetype: delete

deleting entry "cn={8}dyngroup,cn=schema,cn=config"
ldap_delete: Server is unwilling to perform (53)

Any suggestions?

To answer my own question, stopping slapd, editing the ldif and
restarting appears to be the only way to do this.

Delete is not implemented for cn=config until OpenLDAP 2.5.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc