[Date Prev][Date Next]
Adding replicant with ppolicy after the fact
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Adding replicant with ppolicy after the fact
- From: "G.Pitman" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:29:34 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=1j8sM49TOU8srzLrh41tg6nfqy9fyzO2FIJtP0S2OxA=; b=eaKh71b9NsOVI0hvEvSddAg+VckEOcdp9XOWhxX92R0bV26OuSgbmfPyCRns3aTI7o tYlPm2k0MvquevFuuHhrRHFesiHxKP8RvY5lCUTqnUwlxYKR9mfX6pY3enRdlwDgIeuX 6npAmwjpz+1bL05d7axzgAEYIXxj+iFo2X9Ds=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=vT0DbR5wLwj97EBb2+dpDgB7/3euuAirLR+DyoA548ZFaXzVvwYyuZEfBsSAZD/36T 1e1UmJ04R8BDyHytEe5sCgfo0p6s5GB4uL0h4B6z4XNYmnK3PcBMcYv+2Ndk2NdyO/Vw xgw/yYxFqqpiTjONX8nu+cRkE+yVhXTOXgrrY=
I have a openldap installation that we recently implemented ppolicy and we have come to the point of using it in production.
I am in the process of putting in a dedicated ldap replicant(punching bag) and I am having trouble importing the directory due to the ppolicy extended attributes not being modifiable.
Is there a way to preserve the password ages and other pwd related history to the new replicant?
I reckon I could copy the entire contents of /var/lib/ldap/ from an old replicant to the new, and cross my fingers but that doesn't seem like the correct path.
Redhat EL 5.5
Thanks for listening,