MemberOf indexing

Hi all,
I'm using the memberOf overlay and would like to use it with this kind of search -filter:

I tried with "index memberOf sub", but this kind of indexing is prohibited by OL telling me:

substr index of attribute "memberOf" disallowed

I've seen that in the schema definition of the attribute this attribute is defined as:
( 1.2.840.113556.1.2.102 NAME 'memberOf' DESC 'Group that the entry belongs to' SYNTAX '' EQUALITY distinguishedNameMatch USAGE dSAOperation X-ORIGIN 'iPlanet Delegated Administrator' )

So only equality matching seems to be allowed, as far as I can understand of course.
Is there a way to obtain an index of type sub ("subfinal" in this case)?

Thanks in advance

Non è forte chi non cade, ma chi cadendo ha la forza di rialzarsi.
Jim Morrison