Re: why LDAP and LDAPS was opened contemporary

if CN must be the fully qualified domain name, so, a specific CA could not issue two certificate with the same CN if the LDAP Server need act as server and client contemporary.

how to issue two certificate to make ldap server to act as server and client contemporary
gtalk:freeespeech@gmail.com

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Indexer <indexer@internode.on.net> wrote:
The CN should be the fully qualified domain name, aka if my server is ldap.domain.com, the CN must match ldap.domain.com, and you must connect to the server using ldap://ldap.domain.com. It is the cause of most TLS issues.