[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: meta setup
- From: Gidobo 69 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 01:05:58 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=G1V4UWEKgwlP9cIBoZ73Z9TwluRHhkm5DiobyognLRc=; b=szAlHM30mGEY4pSj78x6HjeTLQiV3Xk/IkxWRd34AL4XaIAmo2Cp7JCceZzqWh4PIf RHBoT1PrT7mKZRzwixuy8D9knbjXQ67Cqwap9kUegHJPEz9EfQEaDSTIxYkH6tmuwb6C Ae1K5f+L5GLzl8+NO8QResCehGbIUpWsXFJA0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=Y/tP5UWUt6LdnYOMX+ZZ3ugZEDl/eIPbPm5ZkKW2Z7CI6ic0kOf5yeDcK8smdLtiCC 9bVDqoRfzLc31HC43TdOEhqYqED8XXLh2jFhG1ryllMWhQlCRoRYa+9u/OJevOMyEYtb 26kMZJ4rvzv7/SRz//dupKVp1HMWHXdJ4134Y=
I plan to set up a meta directory. It looks like a normal one according to the openldap descriptions so I was surprised that I was unable to find any howto/faq/forum entry/mailing about it.
Let me describe it:
I have a heterogeneous system and want to have a common ldap system for it. Here is what I have now:
Two AD domains
An openldap db for a software with internal users.
- To be able to authenticate a domain user from either AD.
- To have non-AD users as well.
- To have non-AD attributes for all three.
So for authentication:
If user is an AD user -> authenticate from appropriate DC
If user is a non-AD one -> authenticate from openldap
If I want non-AD attribute added to AD users as well.
If an attribute doesn't exist for an AD user in openldap ask the appropriate DC.
This way I could user AD users and their groups through openldap, have independent non-AD users and have attributes for all users in openldap local db regardless of authentication source.
Have I missed something and this is too 'exotic'?
ad1.company.com -> AD1 users, authenticates from DC1
ad2.company.com -> AD2 users, authenticates from DC2
ldap.company.com -> 'other' users, authenticates from openldap local db
Attributes mapped. If user is an AD one and attribute doesn't exists in local DB, proxy the query to AD.
Thanks in advance