Re: How to change openldap database directory

It's normally a good idea to leave the thread intact, btw.

Moving on...

You're probably dealing with either a typo in your config, (locating the database dir), or there's a permission issue on that dir, it's parent tree.

Is the new location a remote mounted location (ie: NFS - which is a no-no for bdb btw)? That will likely have it's own permissions to deal with.

You can also try:
1) slapcat -l <ldif file> (dumps the db as plain text - assuming you're using a single db)
2) change db dir config to new location and your conf.
3) Make sure the new db dir location is owned by the user slapd runs as (usually ldap) - and the parent tree is readable; just the dirs.
4) slapadd -l <ldif file> (imports the db)

If that fails you're still dealing with the same issue - a typo or permissions issue, which, sadly, we can't help you with.

- chris

Chris Jacobs, Systems Administrator
Apollo Group | Apollo Marketing | Aptimus
2001 6th Ave Ste 3200 | Seattle, WA 98121
phone: 206.441.9100 x1245 | mobile: 206.601.3256 | fax: 206.441.9661