Re: Windows 7 users's authentication with openldap ?

2010.06.24. 17:38 keltezéssel, Frank Bonnet írta:
Hello

Anyone knows if it is possible to authenticate users of a windows 7 client machine as we do with UNIX clients with pam_ldap + nss_ldap
to our openldap server ?

Thank you.

I know of only one solution pGina, its however its development ceased a few years ago. It was written with Windows 2000/XP semantics, I don't know if it works at all with Windows 7. At the other end you could store the LM and NT hashes Windows uses to authenticate the users to a pre AD domain in your OpenLDAP tree and use Samba to emulate an NT4 domain controller.

Geza